Friday, March 5, 2010

Well exshoes me!



It's raining today, so this sparked my interest. Who ever knew that rainboots, gumboots, or wellies... whatever you want to call it, would ever be considered 'fashionable'. I used to be indifferent with how I felt about the Wellies, but I think they've grown on me. I mean, it's been 2 decades since I even wore boots for the rain. Last I checked, I owned a pair of pink patent Smurfs ones! They are now practice and fashionable. I'd rather wear Wellies than UGGs, that's one thing for sure. 


Okay, so what do we have here, even designers are coming out with their own versions of these rain boots. Jimmy Choo collaborating with Hunter, Chanel, Burberry (I've seen a lot of people sporting the Burberry, and knocked-off Burberry ones) and Dior. I haven't included a photo of the ones from Dior, but when I was doing the Visual Merchandising in one of the boutiques, they had just received the first batch of stock late last year. I've included 2 Wellies from 'Hunter' which are more affordable. Biker chic for the rain, genius. Red patent ones with dark denim jeans, hot ;) I'd love to do the red patent ones for this winter, and I'm good with getting the Chanel or Burberry patent studded ones... maybe both?!


Opinions on the 'Wellies' craze?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails