Monday, March 1, 2010

Boulangerie Fare - Le Pain Quotidien










After great anticipation, I finally got my hands on some organic bread from Le Pain Quotidien (also known as Het Dagelijks Brood in Belgium) the other day! So the verdict? Hmm. My favorite of what I ate, would have to be the Chocolate Mousse Dome. I was not particularly fond of the Hazelnut Flute, but perhaps that was due to me not having it fresh from the oven (or maybe I felt as though my teeth would get stuck and break off). The Organic Sourdough bread was delicious (but perhaps could be an acquired taste), complimented by my special secret homemade avocado sauce made it even better. I tried eating the sourdough with the Noir Chocolate Spread, but it just did not tickle my taste buds. The spreads are great; a little goes a long way -- the "Brunette" praline spread is very light and is not rich like the "Noir." Overall, I recommend it. I would rather dine in as opposed to take-away -- that way you breathe in the whole experience and atmosphere of an elegant boulangerie fare :)


SVdB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails