Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Welcome to Howe Sound, British Columbia

Welcome to my family's West Vancouver - Howe Sound home in "beautiful British Columbia" (cars have that on the bottom of their plate numbers). I don't know about you, but who would ever want to leave such breath taking mountain and ocean views and luscious green scenery? The bears may come and eat me, but at least I'd know I lived in a little slice of paradise. I miss my second home, but alas, I shall return very soon -- it's hard to spend time away from such a beautiful home and lifestyle.

I think that we want to rework/renovate parts of the house like the kitchen, some of the bathrooms, rooms, etc. Our houses are always evolving, they're never quite the same from the last time you walked through the front door, or shut the door goodbye. It can change within a day(s), weeks, or months. My dad being an Architect/Interior Designer doesn't believe in being static. That's not to say we're never happy with one design and can't stick to it -- we just believe in forward movement, progression: change. It can be perfect... for that moment in time, but with perfection there is still maintenance. You need to maintain perfection -- and that may involve a face lift, or refinement. Whatever it is, it's what is needed at the time. What we feel is good for it. I need to stop rambling, pictures tell a thousand words!
If you're ever in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada, and I happen to be around -- you should come visit me, and take in all this spendour. And if you're lucky, my brother will give you a personal tour of his wine cellar and have a taste testing of his personal collection (if he too is in town)! I'm beginning to get second-homesick, I need to go back and get my fix...

Oh yeah, I forgot, later I'll post the photos from our friend's place who lives down the road from us (in Canada). Such a gorgeous and elegant home as well. For now, au revoir!

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing house, CC... and gorgeous view.
    I love how it's surrounded by all that greenery, so secluded.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails