Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Damn You, Diane!


For the most part, I seem like a color blocker. However, I do love oversized graphic prints. I'm not a fan of florals most of the time, but if its graphic scale is off the chart, then yes, I will love it. I prefer abstract and oversized prints, I feel that it makes the subject a lot more interesting and definitely more intriguing than knowing that it is, a flower, an animal, a repeat patter of palms, etc you get the gist. I'd notice your outfit more if I couldn't quite get what is placed strategically, or randomly across/all over it.

The perfect example is Diane Von Furstenburg, she is the Queen of prints. I love how her prints are always abstract or to an oversized graphic scale. She mixes her prints and fabrics to perfection. How could I deny color (for all those who don't know me, I tend to dress dark and stick to a monochromatic palette), when she makes it so enticing. I shake my fist at you Diane, but I can't bring myself to hate you.

SVdB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails