Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Nowhere To Run(way)



I snapped this photo of you this morning just before you were about you run off into the garden. Why were you living in my parent's house for, God knows how many days without even letting any of us know? It's not a squatter you know. I don't think my mom appreciated you sneaking around and just popping up out of nowhere on Saturday morning. What a way to discover a surprise guest. She freaked out when you burst out of the guest room and bolted down the stairs into your secret hiding place (which I later figured was behind the fireplace)! I don't even know your name, do you even know your name? Do you have amnesia? When I was staying over, I heard you at 1.30AM trying to sneak out, but you couldn't open those french doors now could you? You messed up the blinds, mom wasn't too happy about that either. You know, you ran the risk of becoming anorexic by not letting us know that you were in the house, are you trying to become a runway model? I know the fashion industry is a cut throat world, but come on, you've got to eat something! I need to come up with a name for you... something, even despite that I don't like cats (unless it's a tiger cub, tiger or a new born kitten - I just don't like you when you become teenagers or adults, so rude), I want you to have fabulous name... something FASHION FORWARD. Anyone have any suggestions? Let me know.

So, there is now a cat who resides in the front yard 'Ginger Snap' and one in the backyard (thankfully, not inside anymore) 'No Name Yet'. Someone else feeds them, and they seem to take a stroll in the back courtyard, and have a siesta in the front yard under the SUV. Hey, as long as it doesn't find its way back inside, I am fine with that. I feel itchy now.

1 comment:

  1. Kitty kat, although you were silent like a ninja, I can't call you anything Japanese. Although you were black as night in the dim hallways, I can't call you Blackie lest I be accused of being racist. I will however consider dubbing you one of my favourite musicians on the underground hip hop scene, Jean Grae. You don't quite have the same attitude as Jean but you have got that allure. Your green eyes remind me of a distant relationship that was almost Romeo & Juliet-like... almost. Tragic? Only time will tell.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails